Final Day of camp (!!!):
Every night we’re in South Africa, the team does a devotional. This time keeps our hearts and minds on the One who calls us here and who has sustained us, Jesus. Tonight’s devotional, centered around encouragement, was done by Liney. She talked about how the power of words can be used to build up or tear down people. She was inspired after taking part in the time of encouragement of the South African leaders who helped run the camp this week. This led us to reflect upon what encouraged us throughout the kid’s camp.
- Jason shared that he was inspired by the growth that was shown by the South African leaders. He talked heavily about their growth spiritually.
- Niki mentioned the joy displayed by the campers and leaders. She talked about the campers’ joy-filled enthusiasm coming off the bus. She also appreciated and was encouraged by the fact that the leaders gave up their winter break to come out to this camp.
- Christian’s encouragement came from the openness displayed by the campers as they got to know their leaders better. The kids, by the 3rdday were smiling and talking as freely as if they knew their leaders for years.
- Beth’s appreciation of the leader’s integrity and compassion spurred her to put forth 110% in everything she did, whether it was being Sally the puppet or preparing all of the things needed for the next days of camp.
- Brenda talked about how she was encouraged by her leaders directly since it was her first camp. They were all by her side and supporting her when she needed the extra little boost.
- Jody and Kathy were encouraged that the language barrier didn’t result in a lack of engagement or discouragement in the campers and leaders.
What an encouraging way to end an awesome week!
Beth, Liney, Christian & Niki